Saturday, September 15, 2007

What's Hot, What's Not


I don't have my own column in Cosmo or People or whatever. But I kind of consider my blog a: diary of sorts, a personal column of thoughts, and show and tell of things. Today I decided to do a column titled What's Hot, and What's Not in my life.
What's Hot
1. HDTV's show The Next Design Star. There was a marathon of episodes on t.v. Saturday and while I was cleaning, I caught at least part of each episode. By the end, I was addicted. Now I am temped to redecorate a room in my house...but I know that based on how much spare time I have, I will tear the room apart, and probably leave it that way for a week or more:)
2. Skechers shoes. All my life I have shopped for cheap but comfortable dress shoes. Every year I am annoyed by having to wear dress shoes to work every day. This year I decided to buy some pretty expensive Skechers.(of course they were still on sale:)) They are stylish, they stay on my feet, and most of all they are comfortable.

3. Old School Snacks. With not much time for baking lately...I am left searching for an evening snack that involves sugar. This past week I have reverted to: graham crackers and frosting(from my elementary school lunch menu), and graham crackers with peanut butter and chocolate chips- my traditional afterschool snack from my middle school years.

What's Not
1. Icky fruit. After seeing lori's post about the rotten peach, I've been more sensitive to gross stuff. I started eating a peach today and was disgusted by the softness of it. Earlier this week I bought like 5.00 worth of grapes for a party, and there were like 50 or more disgusting grapes in the bunch. I think it is the end of the season leftover fruit that the stores are selling. Another sign that summer is over.
2. The real estate market in Northern Colorado. Greeley is growing, and so are the surrounding communities, but I know a lot of people who are trying to sell their houses with not much luck. I'm glad we love our house and our quiet neighborhood out in the middle of no-where Milliken. Tom and Amber really got lucky to sell their house in 4 days!
3. People asking us about when we are going to have kids. I know it's just a "friendly conversation" question, but I get it a lot at church, school, and my other school. Be patient...when we are ready...we will think about it. Right now we are perfectly happy hanging out with the kids at church and our cute nephews.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I LOVE your shoes!! They are really cute!!
I remember graham crackers with pb and choc. chips!! Oh, man. Back in the day...
So....when are you gonna have kids. JUST KIDDING!!! :)