Thursday, July 17, 2008

A roof over our head...

Because of the hail damage during the tornado, everyone in our housing development is getting a new roof. We got it figured out with insurance, and hired our contractors...and they showed up Monday to give us our new roof.
Side note: on Monday morning, I went to the dentist for a crown, and it was NOT a fun dentist apt. (2 hours-lots of drilling). Needless to say, when I got home, I just wanted to take a nap. That was impossible because I heard a lot of BANG, BANG, BANG, POUND, POUND....break....POUND POUND POUND POUND from the roof.

I didn't really look at what they were doing much, but when I was leaving for track practice at 4:00, they had over half of the new shingles put on. John came home a few min. later, took one look at it, and said "that's the wrong color shingles". It was kind of an ugly orangey color. (We had asked for the same color as last time). So...we called the main guys (and hoped it didn't rain for 2 days while we are without shingles) and apparently they are taking care of it today. (More pounding and banging on the roof:( = I'm going shopping:))
It's not SO bad by itself...

...but when you see it in comparison with ALL the other houses on our street, it sticks out pretty bad.

No comments: