Wednesday, December 10, 2008

my 1/2 birthday


I might be one of the only people I know that celebrates my 1/2 birthday, but it is well worth it. When I was younger, I got to choose what we ate for supper, and I brought my birthday treats to school on my 1/2 birthday.
I put up all the teachers June birthdays (on the BB in the staff lounge) as December 1/2 birthdays so they would get some recognition too. I made a big deal out of another teacher's 1/2 birthday, so I think they tried to get me back today:)
There were many 1/2 gifts presented to me...
These... plus 1/2 a donut, 1/2 a hostess cupcake, and 1/2 a twizzlers.

This morning the other MS teachers made the kids sing happy 1/2 b-day to me, and they gave me a present. I opened one box, to find many smaller and smaller wrapped boxes. The kids had a lot of fun with it too. In that present I got 1/2 a candy bar.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ahahahaha! I LOVE it! That's a great idea! Next time Kyle has a half birthday, I'm going to get him half of something.
I totally remember getting awesome garage sale gifts on my half birthday. A barbie doll here, a paint set there. That was the life...

Anonymous said...

I feel like a terrible mother.
Can you believe I forgot your half-birthday?
Hope it was half happy and you had a half good time. May you have many more half years.
Love you MOM