Friday, January 23, 2009

How saving rubs off

John has never been a spender...but when he married me, he may have gotten more "frugal dutch" than he bargained for. Nevertheless, now he too is more conscious of saving.

Last week when I asked if he needed anything from the store, he listed a few wishes...and then added "if it's on sale" :) He gets me.

Friday, after a long school week, I was exhausted. I walked in the house and came over to talk to him. He promptly handed me a little black bag and smiled.

I looked inside and found a beautiful necklace. I feel like Valentines Day came early. He was ordering a new wedding ring online earlier this week (the other one has been lost for a while) and got something a little extra for me!

The best part...is that he got it FREE.
I'm pretty into couponing and store deals, but I should really try to the online deals more. His sister is pretty good at the online deals, maybe it runs in the family.
Kudos my man.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way! that is awesome! Where did he get his wedding ring? Maybe when Kyle orders his new one he can get me a free necklace!
Davina

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!
Happy Valentines day early.
MOM

Kelly Cook said...

Maybe Johnny can talk to Jeff a bit more about little gifts for little wife... hint hint!

Lori said...

that's gorgeous!! Wow!! Nice job John.