Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My miserable cold

I have been sick for over a week with a miserable cold. It started last week with a sore throat, then coughing. Friday night I barely slept because of the coughing. I went to the doctor on Saturday and he said it was a viral infection (cold). He gave me some recommendations for over the counter medicine to try and a prescription for cough syrup. I tried Saturday day/night with some children's strength tylenol/mucinex. Sunday John filled the prescription but that didn't seem to help either. (I was getting some good practice for baby- getting up every 3-4 hours to cough/take medicine, and not sleeping much.) I got a huge cold sore from my lack of sleep and I still felt horrible. I don't ever think i've had a cold this bad before!!

This week it has been a lot more about mucus and snot. I feel like those people in the allergy commercials where their head is in a fog (only a DENSE stormy fog- not a nice transparent blurry one). My nose is raw and I went through a 130 count box of lotion Kleenexes in under 12 hours. Today I took a 1/2 day off of school and John and I went to get something stronger. I talked to the pharmacist and ended up with Mucinex D which should help with the problem. It seems to be lightening the dense fog in my head a little.

On the bright side, it's almost 70 degrees outside, and I fell asleep sitting up in the sun after I had taken the pills:) I also can't smell anything, therefore I don't get as nauseous.
Someone told me that when you are sick during pregnancy the baby doesn't move around as much. I have noticed a little decrease in movement, but he still moves pretty consistently- especially when I eat:)

John and his mom painted the nursery on Monday! (Thanks Cherry!). The color is great, and it really looks more like a boys room now. I'll try to post a picture soon.

I was so worried to start thinking about baby stuff or doing anything baby related before we got pregnant- because you never know if it will/what will happen. If I would have known how sick I was going to be with the nausea, and now how bad this cold is hitting me- I would have done a lot more research/prep before I got pregnant.
I've started a nice collection of clothes for the little man (mostly gifts), but I still need to get a lot of the big items (crib, car seat). Less than 100 days!!!

1 comment:

Kate said...

I hope you start feeling better soon! And less than 100 days?! That is going to just fly by!