Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Things I needed to survive during pregnancy...

I know everyone is different, but these are the things that helped me get through (well almost all the way through) pregnancy.
1. Nausea Pills. The prescription kind. I don't think I have ever been on a prescription for this long, but if I didn't have them, I would have probably not been able to continue teaching, or functioning these last 8 months. The only positive that I have for needing them, is that I have transferred my prescription to a few different locations and have gotten over $60 in gift cards for free.

2. Humidifier. We have a whole house humidifier, but when I got a bad cold that lasted a month, I decided to try a small humidifier in the bedroom too. It is amazing- I can breath so much better when I sleep. I think it has cut back on John's snoring too. I figured it was worth buying because babies need humidifiers...but I'm keeping this one in my bedroom after pregnancy too.

3. Babycenter.com. This website has been very helpful and reliable when researching any kind of pregnancy related question. They also do a great job explaining the size of baby each week and what is going on with your body.

4. Birthdayalarm.com. (OK, not essential to surviving pregnancy- but essential for my guilty conscience) This is a free website where you can sign up and enter the birthdays of your friends and family. They e-mail you a week before their birthday (or anniversary) and the day before. I have REMEMBERED to send a lot more birthday cards since I signed up for this free service. It is especially helpful since I have been sick and wanting to sleep a lot. I highly recommend it.

5. Teachers at my school who have helped out. They would watch my classes: when I had to go to the bathroom, if I had a dr. appointment, or if I was feeling sick and needed to leave last period. THEY ROCK! I couldn't ask for better co-workers.

6. Body Pillow. I sleep with a minimum of 5 pillows at night during pregnancy (good thing we have a king size bed!) I got a body pillow for Christmas, and it has been very helpful for sleeping.

I know it looks like he is at the end of the list, but John has been my rock during this time. He has taken care of me when I am sick, he is so excited to be a dad, he makes sure I eat and gain weight during pregnancy, and he fills my humidifier every night. I love him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like all of those things
helped you a lot.
Hang in there. Not much time left til baby.
MOM