Monday, November 1, 2010

4 months!

Jay is 4 months old now!! He has experienced a lot in the last month. We flew to my brothers wedding on a plane, he got baptized, he smiles like crazy, he is great at grabbing things, and most recently was sick for the first time.

Yesterday afternoon Jay started puking...and kept it up about every 20 min. for 2 1/2 hours. After a while I called the doctor, because I didn't really know what to do. He told me I could give him a little bit of water (less than 1/2 oz.) and see how he does with it. He puked that up to...so we decided not to feed him until morning. Surprisingly he slept almost as much as normal and I sung him to sleep and used a pacifier when he woke up. This morning I started with a bit of water, then BM...and he kept everything down. We had a doctors appointment already scheduled for today, so when John took him in this afternoon he looked fine and they gave him his 4 month shots.
Tonight he is quite crabby again (because of shots).

If you think he looks bigger than last month...that's because he IS! *changed* He is now 14.7 lbs.

Even though Jay was sick so we didn't get to go trick or treating, we did carve pumpkins on Saturday.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun!
Jay looks so much bigger.
It's time to see him again.
G-ma N

Rob and Christine said...

17 pounds? Wow, I think he has almost caught up to Niamh!! Lots of folks got sick after or a few days after our party. I think we all shared whatever nasty bug this is. Rob and I got it, but I hope you won't!

Lori said...

He's so round. I love it! Caleb was a round baby too. And I think at Isaiah's 15 month check up he was 21 pounds (although at his 18 mo. he was 25).

I'm glad he's feeling better. It's so sad to have a sick baby.

(Cute hat.)