Saturday, January 7, 2012

The perils of pregnancy

So, although I am doing considerably better with this pregnancy (because I know how to manage the nausea and sickness better) I still am sick.
For example, this morning at 3:40am I woke up because I felt like I was going to puke. Then I got that saliva in your mouth feeling like it is coming. I slowly turned over in bed, reached for my nausea pills. I popped one in my mouth with a quick sip of water and layed as still as I could for 5 min. breathing through my nose and focused soley on not puking. It worked, which I am very thankful for...and then I got to sleep until 7am (thanks to Jay):)

I also get the nauseated feeling during the day if I have not eaten for around 2 hours. I have had a lot of pretzels, crackers, and fruit around for those situations. Between 3-5pm is sometimes hard because I am in the process of finishing up school and picking up Jay and I forget to grab a snack.

On the other hand, my days are so much better than the last pregnancy. I am doing more than just functioning. I am a generally happy person and I can teach to my full ability the majority of the time.

Other annoying things would be that I have not been able to kick this dry cough I have had for over 2 weeks. I also am noticing it is harder to pick up Jay when he is not wanting to go somewhere and squirming.

I am excited to post about the best parts of pregnancy and the news from our ultrasound sometime soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there1
Glad you're better than last time.
MOM

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are managing better! You're a little over half way! I'm counting down the days and wish it was only hours for our little one to show it's face - trying to be patient! I'm excited to hear what you are having!